VISA SERVICES AT THE HIGH COMMISSION
General Information for Visa Applicants
Working Hours, Location & Contact Details
General Information for Visa Applicants
All foreign nationals, including children, require a visa to enter India. Please do not finalise your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements and obtaining the visa.
The minimum processing time of visa applications is 40 days.
Conference visa applications must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
Visa applications for Pakistani nationals needs to be filled online. Subsequently, the applicant needs to take the print out and paste his photograph, sign the form and submit it for visa processing along with the required documents.
Other nationals can download the application form (in MS Word format) from the website, fill and print it (handwritten applications are not accepted).
(a) Visa application form for Pakistani nationals
(b) Visa application form for Other nationals
Pakistani nationals holding dual nationality need to apply only on their Pakistani passport.
Applications can be deposited at the Visa Counters from 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday.
Visas/passports can be collected from the counters between 10.00 a.m. and 12.00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday.
Please note that Visa Section is closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please also check this website for any other closed holidays.
Visa Counters and other facilities
Separate counters have been designated for women, senior citizens and physically challenged.
Applications for business, medical, conference etc. are to be deposited only at earmarked counters.
Visa through Courrier / Drop-Box Services
Visa application along with your passport can also be sent safely through courrier drop-box services of:
TCS (Visatronix): http://www.visatronix.com/index.aspx or
Fedex (Gerry’s Drop Box): http://www.visadropbox.com
This facility is useful for applicants who do not live in Islamabad and are applying from other cities in Pakistan. If a visa application is deposited through any of the above courrier services, it will be returned/delivered through the respective courrier service only. For more details regarding cost and time please contact the respective courrier service or log on to their website links given above.
Detailed instructions and requirements for Pakistani or other visa applicants can be seen under the section 'Visa Forms' on this website. However following broad guidelines and requirements may be kept in mind:
1. Application forms must be submitted in duplicate i.e. two copies with original signature on each copy and a recent passport colour photo pasted on each form.
2. Forms have to be filled online. After submitting, a PDF file is generated, which may be saved and printed.
3. Please read instructions carefully before filling the form.
4. Please do not leave any column blank. Write 'not applicable' in the column/s which do not pertain to you.
5. Category of visa required and duration shoul be correctly specified according to the actual purpose of your visa. Any mis-representation or undertaking activities in India incompatible with the visa category can result in an immediate revocation of the visa.
6. Please submit all supporting documents required with the form. A detailed list is given under the section 'Visa Forms'.
7. Please submit your passport/s in original. Passport should have a validity of at least six months.
1. All fee should be paid in CASH only at the time of submission of visa application. Cheques and Credit Cards are not accepted.
2. Fee once received will not be refunded, even if the visa application is withdrawn by the applicant or if the visa is not issued.
3. The Visa fee for Pakistani nationals is Rs. 15/- per applicant. The fee remains the same irrespective of visa category, number of entries or duration.
4. For applicants of other nationalities, the fee varies from country to country and may be ascertained from Counter No. 1 of the Visa section or by consulting the Fee Schedule.
Acceptance of the visa application does not guarantee issue of visa. The issue of visa, its type and duration are determined on the merits of each case. The High Commission reserves the right not to assign any reason for not issuing visa in any case.
The visa is valid from the date of its issue and not from the date of entry into India. Applicants may like to keep this in mind before filling in the required duration.
“Any person seeking a visa to India for purpose of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand whether the law of that country permits surrogacy and will provide appropriate travel documents to the child for accompanying the surrogate parents. Entering into surrogacy arrangement under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under the Indian law.”
Working Hours, Location & Contact Details of Visa and Consular Services
Days: Monday to Thursday (except Gazetted holidays – see list of holidays)
|Submission of Visa applications || 09:30 - 13:30 hrs.|
|Delivery of Visa || 10:00 - 16:00 hrs.|
|Submission of Passport/Consular applications|| 09:30 - 13:30 hrs.|
|Delivery of Passport/Consular services || 10:00 - 12:00 hrs.|
Location of Visa and Consular Wing
Street 3, Diplomatic Enclave 1
High Commission of India,
G-5, Diplomatic Enclave,
You can reach the Visa Section by taking the Diplomatic Shuttle Service from Islamabad Convention Centre.
Enquiries* relating to visa services can be obtained from the following help line numbers** (from 0930 hrs till 1500 hrs)
00 92-51- 227 6658
00 92-51- 227 3932
Enquiries relating to passport and consular services can be obtained from the following number:
0092- 51- 2206950-53 (ext 327)
In case further information is required, the same can be obtained from the following numbers:
|Attaché ( Consular and Visa): For enquires on passport/ consular services and conference/ student visas: 0092- 51-2272062 |
|Attaché ( Visa-1): For enquires on business visas and counter cases: 0092- 51- 2206959 |
|Attaché (Visa-2): For enquires on group visas/pilgrim visas:|
0092- 51- 2206950-53 (ext 333)
|Attaché (Visa-3): For enquires on TCS/ FEDEX cases: 0092- 51- 2206956 |
For any information or Visa related queries you may send mail to the following email address mentioning the Receipt Number :
*While making enquiries please quote your reference numbers/ passport numbers and computer numbers if the application are sent by TCS and FEDEX
**Status of pending visa applications shall not be disclosed.
For further enquiries you may also get in touch with Dr Suhel Ajaz Khan, Counsellor (P&V) at 0092-51-2828378 / firstname.lastname@example.org