Array (  => 1 [id] => 1  => 22.214.171.124 [ip] => 126.96.36.199  => / [webpage] => /  => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64)AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36 [browser_types] => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64)AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36  => 4268931 [count] => 4268931  => 1653360250 [post_date] => 1653360250 )
In accordance with guidelines of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Government of India has introduced a new system of Machine Readable Passports. Under the new system all Indian passports will be issued at a central issuing office in New Delhi. The High Commission of India-Islamabad would not issue passports. The whole process may take around 30 days; all applicants who need to have their passports renewed may therefore apply well in advance, to avoid visa problems due to delays in passport renewals.
General information for Indian passport applicants:
1. Application for renewal of passport can be submitted if the final validity of the passport is less than one year.
2. Old Passport in Original and additional booklet if any, should be submitted along with application.
3. The validity of a passport cannot be extended beyond the date of its final validity. An application for reissuing a passport has to be submitted in the prescribed form along with the old passport and a copy thereof.
4. An applicant has the option to apply for an ordinary passport booklet of 36 pages or a Jumbo passport booklet of 60 pages of ten-year validity.
5. A separate passport must be obtained by every individual. A child's name can no longer be endorsed on a parent's passport.
6. The applicant should submit the application in person for identification.
7. Four recent photographs showing frontal view of full face against light background in civilian clothes taken in a studio (Polaroid photographs and photographs with dark glasses or uniforms are not accepted) should be submitted along with the application. One photgraph should be pasted on the application form.
8. Adults are issued passports of 10 year validity whereas Minors (less than 18 years of age) are issued passports for 5 years.
9. Applicants are advised to ensure that their application in the prescribed format is complete in all respects; that all columns are correctly and legibly filled up and no column is left blank or unfilled or vaguely filled with a dash, tick, etc. All signatures in the application should be with black ink/ballpoint pen.
10. It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities could be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorised change/tampering. The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act.
11. A passport expired more than six months back should be supported by a Sworn Affidavit explaining the circumstances and spelling out the reasons for late submission.
12. For change of address, attach documentary evidence such as tax receipt, electricity/telephone bill or Nativity Certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the State concerned.
13. Indian passport holders are required to surrender their passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign nationality. The Indian Citizenship Act does not allow dual citizenship. As per the passport Act 1967, failure to surrender passport on acquisition of another nationality is punishable with imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than one year extendable to five years.
Submission of Application
Application for passport and consular services can be submitted at Counter No. 6 of the Visa Section of the High Commission between 0930-1300 hrs from Monday to Friday, except Gazetted holidays. The serviced passport/consular document can be collected as per date/time advised by the Consular Officer.
Issue of New Passport (after expiry of validity / due to exhaustion of pages of the earlier passport)
Passport to a Minor (children less than 18 years of age)
All children are required to have separate passport. They are no longer included in mother's passport. Minors are issued passports for 5 years. Passport applications should be signed by both parents. Minor should affix his/her signature or thumb impression in the “Signature Boxes”. The child should be physically present in Pakistan at the time of seeking passport service. Under no circumstances should the parents try to obtain passport service for a child who is not present in Pakistan.
Minors between the age of 15 and 18 have the option to apply for a full validity passport (ten years) by payment of fees as applicable for issue of passports to persons above 18 years of age.
Requirements for submitting an Application for Renewal (New Passport Booklet) for minor in lieu of existing passport: -
Requirements for submitting an Application for issue of Separate Passport to Minor Child whose name is presently included in mother's/father's passport: -
Issue of Passport to New-Born Child and Birth Registration
Every child who is born to Indian parent(s) in Pakistan is issued a separate Passport. It is not possible to include the child’s name in the Passport of mother/father/brother/sister
The birth of every child born in Pakistan to an Indian parent(s) is required to be registered with the High Commission of India, Islamabad. A Birth Certificate is issued by the High Commission to the child after registering his/her name as an Indian national.
Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport (BRSP) for Child:
Issue of a New Passport in lieu of loss/damaged passport
Requirements for issue of New Passport In lieu of Lost Passport:
Issue of Emergency Certificate for one-way travel to India
Requirements for issue of an Emergency Certificate for one-way travel to India in case of non-availability of a valid Passport with the applicant and where a new passport cannot be issued immediately: -
Miscellaneous Passport Services
If there is a change in any of the passport particulars such as name, spouse’s name, date of birth, address etc, a new passport booklet with fresh validity will be issued. The fees, where a new passport booklet is issued, will be PKR 13600/- + PKR 365 /- contribution towards ICWF for a 36 page booklet.
The requirements for various services are as follows:
For change of maiden name to married name, address, ECNR status on marriage and for inclusion of husband's name in the passport: -
For change of name, address, on divorce and for deletion of husband's name from the passport: -
For inclusion of wife's name in the passport: -
Change of Name/Address/Date of Birth
For change of name: -
For change of name of minor: -
For change of address: -
For change of date of birth: -
Emigration Clearance Not Required (ECNR)
Eligibility for ECNR status (any one of the following): -
Requirements for ECNR: -
Extension of Short Validity Passport